Sumary of Barclays Bank review: No monthly service fees or minimum opening deposits for online accounts:
- Personal Finance Insider writes about products, strategies, and tips to help you make smart decisions with your money.
- This post was last reviewed and updated on July 22, 2021. The bottom line: Barclays’ savings account is its strongest product, but it doesn’t have a checking account.
- If you need to access your cash quickly, you may want an account with a different bank that has both savings and checking.
- Overall bank ratingPros and consSavings Annual Percentage Yield (APY) 0.40% APY Min Deposit None Editor’s Rating Pros &
- Because the bank doesn’t have a checking account, you can’t just transfer money between Barclays accounts, then immediately swipe your debit card.
- CDs Annual Percentage Yield (APY) 0.10% to 0.25% APY Min Deposit None Editor’s Rating Pros &
- The bank also charges relatively low early withdrawal penalties should you need funds before your CD matures.
- How Barclays worksBarclays is an online bank that has a high-yield savings account and CDs.