Sumary of Apple’s new iPhone 13 is better, but not by much.:
- It is a story that now happens just about every September: Apple introduced new iPhones that have slightly bigger screens, faster speeds and better cameras — but no new major advances.
- Having already pushed the screen nearly to the edge of the device, Apple slightly increased its size by reducing the small notch at the top of the screen.
- Apple kept the same flat-edge design of the phone that it has used in other recent models.
- Apple is hoping that by adding new features and making slight design improvements, customers will keep shelling out more money.
- That success is partly because Apple has built an intensely loyal customer base, and also because it has designed its products in a way that makes it difficult for customers to switch to the competition, like Samsung and Google.
- Apple spent much of its showing off the iPhone’s new “cinematic mode,” a camera technology that can automatically follow and focus on a subject, resulting in videos that more closely resemble professional movies.