Sumary of AP Interview: Iraq oil minister says gas sector a priority:
- BAGHDAD (AP) — Iraq oil sector is rebounding after a catastrophic year triggered by the coronavirus pandemic, with key investment projects on the horizon, Iraq’s oil minister said Friday..
- Oil Minister Ihsan Abdul-Jabbar Ismail took over the unenviable job of supervising Iraq most vital industry at the height of an oil price crash that slashed oil revenues by more than half last year..
- Ismail said he is hopeful contracts will be signed within the coming months to develop three main projects that could boost Iraq’s gas capacity by 3 billion cubic standard feet by 2025..
- Iraq is currently in the process of awarding China Sinopec to develop Mansuriya gas field in Diyala province, said Ismail..
- Though negotiations with international companies have picked up speed, Ismail said an entrenched culture of fear within his ministry persists as a chief concern…