Sumary of Across the Country in an Automobile Built for Two:
- we talk, and listen to the sewing-machine-size engine whine as I push it to 75 miles an hour along the ribbon of highway.
- It was Culver’s country — I love the nation’s regional fast-food places, and Jeanne enjoyed a ButterBurger and their fine fries.
- And while auto parts stores sell replacement gas caps, none that I called along our route stocked one that would fit our odd little car.
- Louis, I started calling ahead to hotels along Interstate 44, figuring we’d do another drop-in in Rolla, a Missouri town I liked from a previous visit.
- As we were leaving Rolla, a billboard invited us to visit “Uranus Fudge Factory.