Sumary of Academy Sports + Outdoors Announces Pricing of Secondary Offering of Common Stock and Concurrent Share Repurchase:
- 14, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — Academy Sports and Outdoors, Inc. (“Academy” or the “Company”) (NASDAQ: ASO) today announced the pricing of the previously announced underwritten secondary offering by certain of its stockholders that are affiliates of Kohlberg Kravis Roberts &
- (the “Selling Stockholders”), of 18,645,602 shares of common stock of Academy at the public offering price of $44.75 per share, pursuant to a registration statement filed by the Company with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (the “SEC”).
- The Selling Stockholders will receive all of the proceeds from this offering.
- Any shares repurchased by Academy will be pursuant to its recently announced $500 million share repurchase program and will be retired.
- The closing of the share repurchase is conditioned on, and expected to occur simultaneously with, the closing of the offering, subject to the satisfaction of other customary conditions.
- The offering is expected to close on September 17, 2021, subject to customary closing conditions.
- The offering is not conditioned upon the completion of the share repurchase.
- Morgan and BofA Securities are acting as joint bookrunning managers for the proposed offering.