Sumary of A woman who hit a $1 million net worth in her early 30s shares the 3 strategies that helped her reach her goal:
- She started a side hustle, and she and her partner reduced their expenses to save 50% or more of their incomes.
- Then, she invested in low-cost index funds consistently in order to build wealth.
- This article is part of a series focused on millennial financial empowerment called Master Your Money.
- Early retirement as a millennial can sometimes seem like a stretch, but it is possible.
- Blogging online at Save My Cents, the millennial built her net worth with three strategies she used over time consistently.
- 1. She started a side hustle Shang started working as a wedding photographer to bring in extra income, adding to what she made at her full-time job as a corporate strategist.
- Over 10 years, she estimated that her wedding photography side hustle helped her earn more than six figures.
- By investing the money, she was able to earn even more from her side hustle and ultimately grow her net worth more quickly.