Sumary of A mask expert who's also a parent shares what masks he buys for his son to reduce his risk of COVID-19:
- unoL/Getty Images Aaron Collins goes by the “Mask Nerd” now that his unofficial job is reviewing face masks in his bathroom.
- Collins, an aerosol expert, compiled a list of the best child-sized masks to protect against COVID-19. His son’s favorite mask is a KF94 made in South Korea, which is effective and comfortable.
- } Thousands of parents turn to Aaron Collins for advice on which face masks they should buy for their kids.
- Since January 2021, Collins has put his background in aerosol science to use in testing how well various face masks block coronavirus-sized particles.
- He started trying out adult masks, then child-sized options for his five-year-old son.