Sumary of 3 Healthcare Stocks to Buy and Hold for the Next 10 Years:
- 1. Veeva Systems Veeva is a cloud-based software platform specifically designed to meet the challenges of the life sciences industry.
- Only money minters like software-as-a-service (SaaS) titan Adobe are in the same league.
- Another industry heavyweight — $200 billion Thermo Fisher Scientific — is also a competitor.
- The company also has cloud-based software connecting more than 15 million devices globally.
- Despite that scale, there’s still an enormous untapped market for the company’s respiratory devices and supporting software.
- Management believes the global opportunity consists of nearly a billion people with mild sleep apnea and more than 400 million with a moderate form of the disorder.
- Add in the 380 million people worldwide who have chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), and it’s clear ResMed has a gigantic untapped market.
- By itself, COPD is estimated to cost $50 billion annually in the U.S. Perhaps the most exciting part of ResMed’s business is the cloud-based software for out-patient care.