Sumary of 2 Hot Stocks to Buy and Hold Until You Retire:
- 1. Abiomed After suffering an injury or undergoing cardiac surgery, people’s hearts need to rest to heal and recover.
- So, Abiomed (NASDAQ:ABMD) makes tiny heart pumps which clinicians use to assist with circulation while a patient is in the hospital, giving their ticker a lighter workload and some R&R.
- Then, once their heart is back in good working order, the pump is removed and the patient’s heart can (hopefully) operate without as much trouble.
- Abiomed’s line of Impella pumps has chalked up a handful of regulatory approvals in the last decade, and the company has consistently made improvements and new versions of the device as well.
- And, compared to older technologies, Impellas have been shown in a smattering of clinical studies to be superior for patients in terms of survival rate, recovery time, complication rate, and the average duration of their hospital stays.
- As if that wasn’t enough, hospitals that use Impellas instead of the alternatives tend to save money as a result of the patients’ shorter hospital stays and fewer complications.
- Over the last decade, its quarterly earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation, and amortization (EBITDA) have grown by a colossal 3,860%, and its quarterly revenue expanded by nearly 757%.
- ABMD Revenue (Quarterly) data by YCharts 2. Align Technology If you’ve ever had braces, you know that the field of teeth straightening devices is begging for disruption.