Sumary of What the flattening bid-rent curve means for the future of downtown real estate:
- Article content An update on housing markets by the Bank of Canada in April also highlighted the pandemic-induced change in location preferences..
- There is also the possibility that companies might continue to substitute WFH-enabling technology for expensive real estate in the urban core..
- Moderating demand for commercial real estate in the urban core could further contribute to a flatter post-pandemic bid-rent curve..
- But over time, with growth in demographic and economic footprints, the demand for centrally located real estate could reach pre-pandemic levels..
- Consumer preferences and WFH technologies will play increasing roles in determining the future desirability of a location….