Sumary of Wall Street edges lower as jobless claims unexpectedly rise:
- Investors have been closely following the health of the jobs market on which the Federal Reserve’s monetary policy hinges, especially after a series of higher inflation reading recently sparked fears about a sooner-than expected paring of policy support as the economy reopens.
- A shift in attention to corporate earnings and the so-called value stocks have helped Wall Street recoup most of its declines from earlier in the week that were triggered by concerns about the fast-spreading Delta variant of the coronavirus.
- Declining issues outnumbered advancers for a 2.45-to-1 ratio on the NYSE and 2.46-to-1 ratio on the Nasdaq.
- In-depth reporting on the innovation economy from The Logic, brought to you in partnership with the Financial Post.
- Financial Post Top Stories Sign up to receive the daily top stories from the Financial Post, a division of Postmedia Network Inc. By clicking on the sign up button you consent to receive the above newsletter from Postmedia Network Inc. You may unsubscribe any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of our emails.