Sumary of Taiwan looking at chip cooperation with Eastern European nations:
- Article content TAIPEI — Taiwan is looking at cooperating with three Eastern European countries on semiconductors, a minister said on Thursday, a move likely to find favor in Brussels which has been courting Taiwanese semiconductor firms to manufacture in the bloc.
- Tech powerhouse Taiwan, home to companies such as Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co Ltd (TSMC), has become front and center of efforts to resolve a shortage of chips that has shut some auto production lines around the world and whose impact is now being felt in consumer electronics too.
- com/technology/eu-appeals-shared-values-tempt-taiwans-chip-firms-2021-10-14 to spur such investment.
- Kung Ming-hsin, who heads Taiwan’s National Development Council, told reporters following his visit to Slovakia, the Czech Republic and Lithuania last month that all three countries had mentioned they wanted to work on chips with the island.
- Taiwan will set up working groups with the three countries to work out how to cooperate on chips, while Taiwan will also give scholarships for technical training, he added.