Sumary of ProMIS Neurosciences to Present at 2021 Alzheimer’s Association International Conference Abstracts selected for oral and poster presentations:
- ProMIS Chief Scientific Officer, Dr. Neil Cashman will give an oral presentation entitled: “Selective targeting of intracellular misfolded, pathogenic TDP-43 with rationally designed intrabodies.
- Dr. Johanne Kaplan, ProMIS Chief Development Officer, will present the poster entitled: “Conformational epitopes exposed on misfolded toxic forms of amyloid-beta, tau and alpha-synuclein directly contribute to their seeding activity.
- ” The poster discusses conformational epitopes on misfolded proteins that represent unique targets for therapeutic antibodies.
- Both presentations will be available on the ProMIS website (www.
- com) after the AAIC® closes on July 30.AAIC® is the largest, most influential international meeting focused on advancing dementia science.
- About the ProMIS PipelineProMIS Neurosciences’ lead therapeutic candidate, PMN310, is a monoclonal antibody for Alzheimer’s disease created with a novel, proprietary method for discovering and developing antibodies that can uniquely and precisely target toxic forms of otherwise normal proteins.
- The Company’s proprietary target discovery platform is based on the use of two complementary thermodynamic, computational discovery engines – ProMIS and Collective Coordinates – to predict novel targets known as Disease Specific Epitopes on the molecular surface of misfolded proteins.
- Using this unique precision approach, the Company is developing novel antibody therapeutics for AD, ALS and PD.