Sumary of Cruise lines say no change in sailing plans after new COVID-19 cases:
- Royal Caribbean Group and Carnival Corporation will push ahead with a return to cruises this summer despite two guests onboard Royal Caribbean’s Celebrity Millennium ship testing positive for COVID-19..
- Shares in Royal Caribbean, Carnival Corporation and Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd., which booked massive losses last year as restrictions brought cruising to a standstill, fell between one and two per cent in response to the report of positive COVID tests..
- Asked by Reuters on Friday, Royal Caribbean declined to give more details on the guests who had tested positive or the circumstances of their infections, saying only that it was not changing its plans for the summer..
- (Andrew Lee/CBC) Celebrity Millennium, one of the first ships in North America to restart sailing, said on Thursday the individuals were asymptomatic, in isolation and being monitored by medics..
- All guests on Celebrity Millennium were reportedly required to show proof of vaccination as well as a negative COVID-19 test before sailing from St….