Sumary of Chilean peso leads Latam FX higher after c.bank minutes:
- The government on Tuesday signed a heavily revised tax reform bill into law.
- “For debt convergence, a new tax reform is necessary in the next administration.
- Article content administration’s fiscal space … as part of the new fiscal rule …” Brazil’s real was 0.2% higher after data showed the country’s economic activity rose more than expected in July.
- In Argentina, data on Tuesday showed inflation rose 2.5% in August, the least in over a year, but the annual rate still stands at 51.4%.
- Analysts at Credit Suisse expect inflation to end the year at 50%.
- Argentina’s draft budget, expected to be unveiled this week, would include plans for economic growth of between 3% and 4% in 2022, a government source told Reuters on Tuesday, slightly lower than targets the government had previously flagged.
- In-depth reporting on the innovation economy from The Logic, brought to you in partnership with the Financial Post.
- Financial Post Top Stories Sign up to receive the daily top stories from the Financial Post, a division of Postmedia Network Inc. By clicking on the sign up button you consent to receive the above newsletter from Postmedia Network Inc. You may unsubscribe any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of our emails.