Sumary of Canadian Vaping Association: Vaping is 95% less harmful than smoking, but what does that mean?:
- 15, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — The Canadian Vaping Association and many health organizations around the world have relentlessly shared the Royal College of Physicians finding that vaping is 95% less harmful smoking.
- This conclusion was drawn more than 6 years ago and has undergone annual independent reviews.
- Today, Public Health England maintains that vaping does not exceed 5% of the harm caused by smoking.
- 95% less harmful is a percentage expression of vaping’s comparative toxicity relative to combustible tobacco, based on a comprehensive review of a broad range of research and studies.
- The considerable differences between vaping and smoking begin with the absence of toxic chemicals that are found in cigarettes.
- When an adult uses a vaping device, the excessively toxic elements of smoking are nonexistent, leading to a less harmful product that can be used as an alternative to smoking.
- Smokers that use vaping products will see several physical improvements.
- Studies also find that smokers who have transitioned to vaping experience improved lung function, less frequent asthma events, and various other physiological improvements.