Sumary of Calpers, Carlyle Ignite ESG Data Push for $4 Trillion of Funds:
- Article content “We need to start a common language across all these participants so we can actually, in a sustained way, make some progress,” Carlyle Chief Executive Officer Kewsong Lee said in an interview.
- ” Blackstone Group Inc. and the Canada Pension Plan Investment Board, the country’s largest pension fund, are also part of the effort.
- Private-equity firms will be seeking to standardize and share data on greenhouse-gas emissions, renewable energy, board diversity, work-related injuries, net new hires and employee engagement.
- ” The push could ultimately guide how investment dollars are allocated.
- Carlyle’s Megan Starr said that in a one-month span, her firm received more than 40 such requests for information, each asking for different sustainability metrics.
- “We cannot listen to another panel on why ESG data is broken,” said Starr, Carlyle’s global head of impact.