Sumary of Apple’s new iPhone 13 touts faster 5G, sharper cameras to spur trade-ins:
- Breadcrumb Trail Links PMN Technology PMN Business Author of the article: Reuters Stephen Nellis Article content Apple Inc unveiled the iPhone 13 and a new iPad mini on Tuesday, expanding 5G connectivity and showing off faster chips and sharper cameras without raising the phone’s price.
- Story continues below This has not loaded yet, but your article continues below.
- com/technology/top-announcements-apple-event-2021-09-14 will have a new chip called the A15 Bionic that enables features like automatically translating text.
- Apple said the iPhone 13 will have custom 5G antennas and radio components for faster speeds and will come in five colors.
- 24. Story continues below This has not loaded yet, but your article continues below.
- Article content The prices are unchanged from last year, but some carriers such as AT&T Inc will offer the devices for no additional if customers trade in a previous model and sign up for an installment plan.
- Ben Bajarin, head of consumer technologies at Creative Strategies, said he expects those aggressive subsides and trade-in policies will increase as a way for Apple and carriers to hold on to customers.
- “That offer is unique to Apple, and it’s a strength they have to keep these sales cycles going for them and for the carriers.