Sumary of Agnico Eagle Mines (TSX:AEM): Should You Buy It Now?:
- Agnico Eagle Mines (TSX:AEM)(NYSE:AEM) has earned a reputation as a partner of choice within the mining industry, and recognition as a company that operates with respect for others.
- While the company could not control the day-to-day turmoil of COVID-19, which included the temporary shutdowns, the evolving health and safety protocols, the stay-at-home work orders, the company did control priorities and focused on the health and wellbeing of the company’s employees, and communities.
- During the pandemic, Agnico Eagle’s health, safety, and operations teams implemented strict screening and enhanced hygiene protocols, as well as physical distancing, awareness campaigns, and teleworking where possible, while collaborating with all levels of government and partners on public health and safety measures.
- Additionally, with recent exploration success in several of the company’s long-life mining camps, Agnico Eagle appears on track to produce over 2 million ounces of gold per year for the next 10 years.
- In particular, Agnico Eagle’s Canadian mine posted the company’s best performance in health and safety since the opening of the mine in 2011. Maximizing Agnico Eagle’s full potential Furthermore, Agnico Eagle’s exploration program continued to drive growth in 2020 and add to the company’s value proposition.
- Near-term growth opportunities include the Amaruq underground project at the Meadowbank complex and Agnico Eagle’s 50% owned Odyssey project at Canadian Malartic.