Sumary of Uruguay confident in EU-sponsored sustainable energy matrix program:
- The official also recalled that the government recently launched the Uruguay Innovation Hub software, a public-private inter-institutional initiative that seeks to position the country as an innovative ecosystem in three areas: digital technology, biotechnology, and health and green technology.
- The AL-Invest Verde initiative is funded by the European Union.
- Also attending the ceremony was European Union Ambassador Paolo Berizzi, and the representative for International Cooperation of the European Union Intellectual Property Office, Ignacio de Medrano.
- Paganini also said that future initiatives in a round economy, sustainability, green hydrogen, and biotechnology applied to improving the environmental impact of production chains and digital technology will be closely linked to intellectual property.
- The Uruguayan government, through the National Directorate of Industrial Property (DNPI), is one of the partners associated with the project, as are the Intellectual Property offices of the other Mercosur members, in addition to Chile and other countries in the region.