Sumary of BRW: Attractively Discounted, High Managed Distribution Yield:
- As a quick reminder, BRW was the old Voya Prime Rate Trust that Saba took over last year.
- The fund carries significant exposure to SPACs, which has helped the fund through 2022. In fact, with higher interest rates, SPACs that liquidate can provide somewhat of a return at this point.
- The fund can merit from the activist trades that the Saba Capital Management team undertakes.
- This article was originally published to members of the CEFETF Income Laboratory on November 24th, 2022. Saba Capital Income and Opportunities Fund (NYSE:BRW) is now more than a year into its transition.
- This was effective as of June 22nd, 2021, when Saba Capital Management took over as the advisor.